Ordering and Shipping Information
Please make sure the email address you provide us with is correct and your mailbox is in proper working order. All Order confirmations and acceptances are sent to that email address. Please check any spam folders you may have for order communications.
The Contract and all communications between us will be conducted in English.
The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects whatsoever of these Terms of Sale or of any term of these Terms of Sale will be governed by the law of England and Wales.
The English and Welsh courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms of Sale or use of the website. However, this does not prevent residents of Northern Ireland, Scotland or Europe from starting proceedings in their own local courts.
Please note in particular that:
- No Orders shall be accepted from persons under the age of 18.
- For delivery information, including costs, please see our order details.
- Whilst we try to ensure that all details (including prices) displayed on this Website are correct and up to date, to the extent permitted by applicable law Jewellery 4U2 disclaims all warranties, express or implied, to the accuracy of such information. You must ensure that prior to placing an order, you have checked all relevant details about the Products you have selected as their relevant details may have changed since you last visited this Website.
- All Products displayed on this Website are subject to availability.
- All prices are inclusive of tax (but do not include delivery charges – please check your order details).
- We will not be able to process tax refunds for international customers.
- Your payment card will be debited on despatch of your items.
- No statement on this Website shall be deemed to affect the statutory rights of a consumer that cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
Orders are submitted via the Website in the following way:
- Once you are ready to make a purchase, click on ‘Add To Cart’ to add the Product you wish to purchase to your Shopping Bag. Then proceed by clicking ‘Checkout’ to confirm all the order details and to complete your Order.
- You will be required to enter your delivery and billing address details. You will then be required to enter your payment details of your PayPal Account, if you do not have an account you can also pay by Credit and in the same website.
- You must confirm you wish to make an Order and consent to the Terms & Conditions of Sale. If any delivery charges are payable these will then be added to the amount you will be charged. If you have any problems with your Order, please contact our Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org, and quote “Customer Services” on the Subject line or call us on 0792 2146 140 (UK only). We are open 10:00am to 5:00pm GMT Monday to Friday.
- Once you have completed your order, you may create an account with us, which requires a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone else. The address that you register with must be the address that the card statement is sent to, however you can use a different shipping address.
- We will then send you a confirmatory email to acknowledge that we have received your Order and that your Order has been accepted by us. At this point the contract between us (“Contract”) is formed and we will process the payment details you have given to us to take payment for your Order. Ownership of the Product(s) will pass to you on delivery.
- You will receive a second email from us confirming despatch of the Product(s) to the shipping address you have requested.
- You should check both emails for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. If there are any problems with your Order, you will be contacted by a representative from Jewellery 4U2.
When you submit your Order, you are offering to buy the Product(s) at the price set out in the Order.
Prices are checked regularly. However, if we find the price has changed, or that there has been a pricing error when we receive your Order, we will contact you and ask if you wish to proceed at the correct price.
Please be advised that we are unable to rectify mistakes you have made on your order. Although you still have the right to cancel described below at any time, following the formation of the Contract.
If you are a consumer (i.e. you are not purchasing either wholly or in part for your business or you are not a business) you have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel the Contract (other than for personalised or other products which we have specified as non-returnable) and receive a refund from us. You must inform us in writing at email@example.com and quote “Refund” on the subject if you wish to cancel within fourteen (14) working days, starting on the day after the Product(s) are delivered to you.
If you choose to cancel, then you must return the Product(s) to us by returning to our Address at 40 North Street, London, SW4 0HD. You must ensure that you take reasonable care of the Product(s).
Please note – we do not refund any expenses related with shipping/packaging or vouchers redeemed in you order and you”ll be responsible for paying for the return of the products. Your Despatch Note will be required as proof of purchase.
If you have not returned the Product(s) within 14 days of cancellation, or when requested by us to do so, whichever occurs first, we can collect the Product(s) from you at your cost.
Where you paid for Products by payment card, we will re-credit the account that card is associated with. If we are unable to do this, we will contact you.
If you made your order with PayPal, we will refund your PayPal account.
Please allow up to 28 days for your refund to be processed from the day you return the Product(s). Please ensure you have your despatch note as proof of purchase. If you have purchased your goods on our website in Pounds Sterling but wish to return it to one of our Republic of Ireland branches, you will receive your refund in Euros as this is the currency they trade in. Our local exchange rate will be applied to the transaction, which may be subject to change.
Return Policy For Damaged Or Defective Products
Subject to any specific warranties we offer in relation to particular products, or those which are implied by law, we do not offer any warranty or guarantee on our products.
You should inspect the Product(s) when you receive them for defects or damage.
Once received, goods, which are not of satisfactory quality, not as described or simply unwanted, may be returned for a full refund. Simply return the items in their original condition and packaging as far as possible within 28 days of receipt. You must ensure that you take reasonable care of the Product(s). Please note, that the initial postage and packaging charge is non-refundable for any unsuitable items.
If the Product(s) are found to be damaged prior to delivery to you, or defective (through no fault of your own wearing or use), we will repair or replace the Product(s) or refund the price paid by you, including any shipping charges you paid, provided that you have not worn or used and damaged the Product(s).
Please note – your despatch note will be required as proof of purchase.
Other Information You Need To Be Aware Of
(i) These Terms of Sale do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for:
- personal injury or death resulting from our negligence;
- any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
(ii) Subject to paragraph (i) above, we are only liable to you for losses, which you suffer as a result of a breach of these Terms of Sale by us. Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms of Sale is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased and any losses, which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these Terms of Sale. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your Order is accepted by us.
(iii) Subject to paragraph (i) above, we are not responsible for indirect losses, which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us, including but not limited to:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
Provided that this shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property in accordance with your statutory rights or paragraph (ii), or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the above categories of loss of this paragraph (iii).
(iv) Subject to paragraph (iii) above, we are not responsible for any delay in, or failure of, performance of our obligations under these Terms of Sale arising from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion, failure in information technology or telecommunications services, failure of a third party (including failure to supply data) and industrial action.
Please note that nothing contained in these Terms of Sale in any way affects your statutory rights.
(v) We may not necessarily keep a copy of the Terms of Sale and your Order. We advise you to print a copy of them for your information in the future.
(vi) If any provision of these Terms of Sale is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, it will be deleted from the rest of these Terms of Sale, which shall remain unaffected.
(vii) No delay or failure by us to exercise any powers, rights or remedies under these Terms of Sale will operate as a waiver of them, nor will any single or partial exercise of any such powers, rights or remedies prevent any other or further exercise of them.
(viii) A person who is not a party to a contract governing the Terms of Sale between you and us is not entitled to enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, except where these Terms of Sale expressly provide for such rights.
This current version Terms of Sale Became Effective as of 10.06.2014
- http://www.jewellery4u2.com “Website” and its content are owned and operated by Jewellery 4U2, (“we”, “us” or “our”).
Your use of this Website is subject to these Website Terms & Conditions (“Terms & Conditions”), which tell you the basis on which you may make use of our Website.
Information About Us
- We are Jewellery 4U2, a Online Business based in 40 North Street, London, SW4 0HD, United Kingdom. You can contact our Website Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org, and quote “Customer Services” on the Subject line or call us on 0792 2146 140 (UK only). We are open 10:00am to 5:00pm GMT Monday to Friday.
Your Use Of This Website And Our Intellectual Property Rights
We have made this Website available to you for your own personal non-commercial use. We may modify, withdraw or deny access to this Website at any time.
This Website and all of it’s contents including, without limitation, all text, software, software source code, trademarks, logos, designs, images, photographs, audio visual materials, written materials and any other form of material (“Website Content”) is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights throughout the world and is owned by us or licensed to us by third parties.
Any rights or licences of the Website Content not expressly granted by the Terms & Conditions are reserved.
Jewellery 4U2 is a registered trademark. Except as set out in the Terms & Conditions, your use of the Website Content without written permission of the Website Content owner is strictly prohibited.
Governing Law And Jurisdiction
However this does not prevent residents of Northern Ireland, Scotland or Europe from starting proceedings in their own local courts.